BA / Masters Degree in Clinical Christian Counseling
No Degree? No Problem!
Individuals who do not hold a BA degree and are mature Christians (normally over 30 years of age) may elect to complete their requirements for licensure and qualify for the BA in Christian Counseling and a Masters degree in Clinical Christian Counseling. This requires successful completion of six Core Courses (Phases I &II) and eight Advanced Courses (Phase III) plus additional requirements below.
- Basic Christian Counseling
- Creation Therapy
- Christian Psychology and Counseling
Complete the 500 Question Open Book Equivalency Exam on the Bible (Old and New Testament-KJV).
Based on completion of the above (and other noted Phase I requirements), the candidate may apply for the BA in Christian Counseling. However, commitment to pursue studies and fulfill all requirements for the Masters is essential. Earning the Masters degree is part of the program requirements.
- Mastering Pastoral Counseling
- Temperament Case Studies
- Eight (8) Advanced Courses (selected by candidate).
1. Complete a practicum. This Consists of administering the Arno Profile System to twenty-five (25) persons in the student's community.
2. Respond in writing to fifty (50) ethical questions posed by NCCA's National Licensing Board of Examiners.
3. Submit annual dues of $50 (included in tuition, first yearonly)..
4. Provide required documentation.
5. Submit two copies of a written thesis. This normally consists of 25 individual reports (case studies) developed from the candidate's work with 25 persons using the Arno Profile System reports. Format provided upon request.
6. Pay required matriculation and transfer fees (included in tuition)..
7. Provide a letter authorizing the transfer of academic records to the approved college. This must be provided when being transferred for the BA and again, for the Masters degree.
8. The NCCA will conduct a background check (fee included in the tuition) to determine if there are any issues in a person's past to preclude them from being licensed as a counselor.
9. Licensing level upon graduation with MA: NCCA Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor.
Application Fee : $75 (non-refundable)